Monday, October 04, 2010

GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> Pads at Giants 10/03



Man, what a fucking weekend……with Tons of Work due on Monday, I had it all figured out……Tickets for Friday and Saturday, and then work on Sunday…..Confident the Giants would clinch it Friday….and when that didn't happen, Saturday was a sure thing…….and then reality set in……Those Fucking Giants dropped the first two goddamn games of the series and now I was screwed……but determined to see the Giants finish the season, I went from Saturdays game into work overpaid for tickets to Sunday's game and then started plowing…..with the help of CL (thanks sweetie) we were able to knock out everything that was needed for Monday….and around midnight I headed home bleery eyed, just hoping my efforts and would pay off……and what a fucking pay off it was……man what a day, Giants clinch the West and setup a home field for the first round…..and then the Victory lap was the cherry on top……my splurge on front row seats paid off, as I got to press the flesh with the whole goddamn roster…..man, that was too fucking sweet ……just fucking surreal……I can't believe they took it all the way to the last day of the season and still managed to pull this shit out…….


GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> Pads at Giants 10/03

GAMEBALL

SANCHEZ

A friend who is in a position to know…told me that inside the bill of Sanchez's No Hitter Cap in the Hall of Fame there is an inscription which is hidden from public view….in Spanish it is written…."Just Another Fucking Game"……and that was exactly how Jon needed to approach todays game…..trying to pick up the team after 2 back to back losses…the Giants faced a 3 way tie that would have at best left a Giants roster weary heading into the post season……but instead Jon navigated through a couple innings before stroking a triple to the alley in Right Center to key a 2 run rally…..and then game back out in the 4th and shut down the Pads…..so for the Triple and the 5 shutout innings, Jon gets today's gameball…….

TIP OF THE CAP :
SANCHEZ
Got the base knock to pick up Torres who failed to score the runner on Third with 1 out…..

HUFF
Followed Sanchez's RBI Single, with a double to the left center gap out of the reach of Denorfia

WILSON
Came in the 9th with a 3 run lead and 42,000+ believers in the house……
BULLPEN
Just fucking shut down solid…….I can get used to this……

PABLO
Made the risky play to 2nd, but it worked out…..and I was just happy he thought to step on 3rd before throwing this time…..

POSEY
Not for the insurance homer, but for jumping higher than any white man alive while wearing catchers gear……

JOKER

EVERITT

What a fucking tool…..I was sitting about 15 feet from where the ball hit, and as I watched the ball hit the line and kick up chalk my first thought was to make sure no one touched the ball as I celebrated the double…..and then….hey why is Bochy on the field…..what do you mean he called it foul, it was obviously fair……what the hell??? man, the easiest call on the field…..Ball HITS line, you SEE white shit kick up…..good god, I was just shocked he could make such a stupid call….I am actually sitting here watching Tivo, and I see ball hit line, I see me leaning out over the wall making a fair call and watching the ball go by into the corner at the same time Everitt is making the foul call…..good god, this guy seriously needs to get his eyes checked…I mean seriously, this guy makes calls for a living…how can you blow such a fucking easy call……what a fucking tool

SMACK OF THE STICK :
LATOS
What a fucking ass clown…..first off, tanking down the stretch…..next he pops off about the Giants….and then with the Padres post season hopes in the balance, he gives it up to the opposing pitcher……man, just fucking classic….now I read how he "grew up" this year…..give me a fucking break, this guy has all the talent in the world, but unless he learns to shut his mouth and let his game do the talking….he is heading to Vicente Padilla land…..talented and hated by the opposition and teammates alike…..


Fuck Yeah Giants fans…..what a fucking weekend…..what a fucking ride…….and its not over yet….Already got my tickets lined up for the postseason…….but lets enjoy this moment just a little longer before the real business of the postseason begins……




SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG



(The fine print: There will be cussing and bad taste. This is written with the heat of the moment feel you may have during the game, with rational thought sprinkled in now and then. This is entertainment folks, sure there is a lot of truth and I am a genius, but this is all about having a laugh and enjoying the ride…….now lets go heckle Jeff Kent when he gets inducted to Cooperstown..)



by merkin

No comments:

 
Site Meter