Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009 Food Review #4 Bacon Wrapped Hotdog

2009 Food Review #4 Bacon Wrapped Hotdog


Name: Bacon Wrapped Hotdog
Price: $6.75
Location: Tres Agaves, Promenade Level, behind Section129
Condiments: Onions, Roasted Jalapenos, and Chipotle Mayonaise
Cooked: Looked to be Grilled
Size: Med/ Small
Detail:
Well, this one just sounds evil….Bacon??? Hotdog????? My arteries clenched as I ordered……Nice presentation with peppers and onions and some orange Mayo……with some chips in the side….not bad…….Now I figured the Jalapeno's would overpower the sausage and Bacon, so I ate those first with the Chips…..not a bad appetizer…..pretty hot, but not scorching…..I do like hot food, but not insane hot….this was probably a little more than my tongue would have liked and I got a sweat going, but it WAS NOT AN OH MY GOD TOO HOT experience…..after eating the peppers, I let my taste buds recover for a few minutes…and into the sausage…The bread was nice……a thick slick of a Jalapeno Loaf that was split halfway and hinged to form a bun…clever……the Pepperless dog was still dressed well with onions and mayo……The bread was just a little dry, but nothing to complain about especially with the added moisture of the Mayo……the dog had good charred skin, and the onions added a nice texture to the bite……the flavor, well….was disappointing…..basically it tasted as if I was eating a standard Oscar Meyer Weiner with some onions and Chipotle mayo…..in fact the Mayo was the best and most prominent flavor…….Sure the Mayo was good, but not really what I was looking for ……. I finished the dog fairly quickly, and could not detect the faintest hit of bacon…..a let down to be sure for Bacon lovers…….my first experience with this "Mexican Street Classic," perhaps that’s the way it's supposed to be….either way…not worth the time, money or cholesterol…….next time at this stand, I go for the Borracho Nacho's which looked pretty good….

OVERALL RATING
2 sombreros (out of 5)






No comments:

 
Site Meter