Wednesday, September 30, 2009

GAMEBALL and JOKER--> DBACKS at GIANTS 9/29

Remember back in 2005 when the Giants would say something about only playing a "handful of meaningless games 2000-2004"….Well by their definition of meaningless being "a mathematical possibility of the postseason," tonight was a "Meaningful" game..but you couldn't tell by the number of fans in attendance….Late September, and the kids both big and small are back in school ….. with the smallish crowd and slight chill in the air, you bet there were more than the normal share of diehards in the stands this evening, making it feel a little like Candlestick with albeit more expensive with better public transportation options…..
I got this strange feeling this year….I really can't wait for the season to end….usually I dread of the end of Giants baseball… a dark offseason looming where I must face the fact that I do not possess a life stares me squarely in the face without the daily distraction of a childs game…..but this year has been a tiring grind with the Giants teasing on the verge of contention with so many obvious flaws.......but before I finish this thought, lets go ahead and get the rest out of the way……

GAMEBALL and JOKER--> DBACKS at GIANTS 9/29

GAMEBALL

PANDA

After a brief scuffle at the beginning of the year, Pablo found his stroke and then a couple months later Pablo found his power, at least until September…..where Pablo had posted his lowest monthly OPS…..little tired perhaps? Sure, but after a cool breeze and day off Pablo was back at it with 4 hits and 2 homers, which increased his September total from 1 Homer to 3 Homers…..and September isn't over and Pablo doesn't look like he sitting anytime soon…. keep hacking my furry friend, and sorry to hear about the transient that hopped the fence at the Zoo to hang out with your cousins, and glad no one was hurt….

TIP OF THE CAP :
MOLINA
Speaking of rejuvenation, the cool breeze and off day did wonders for Bengie as well…..posting his 19th and 20th Homers of the year and collecting 4 hits in all……

GARKO
In a rare start, notched 2 hits and a walk…of course a good night at first means you get pulled from the game later, that's the Bochy way…..

RUZLER
Does this kid understand this isn't spring training?....has ice cold blood and a red hot fastball….a deadly combination…..

ROMO
Shut down the 9th barely a whimper…..this time……

MURPH
Guess the Murph is a master of glove work…. nice to hear we have such a craftsman on site….invaluable cog in the Giants Org

PUMPKIN
You da man…..you know why…..

TORRESS
Wasn't able to convert that catch….don't know what the umpires wanted….sure it hit the wall, but Barmes' ball on Sunday hit the ground and he was granted the out….

JOKER

BOCHY

Bochy's been watching too many " WE'RE IN THIS!!!" commercials….how else can you explain him not only starting the PROVEN VETS ™ Rowand and Winn and even Molina…but also letting them play the WHOLE GODDAMN DAME..Yes, I understand Doug Davis is a Leftie…..but Bowker and Schierholtz and even Lewis could benefit from facing Lefties…and it IS possible for Lefties to hit Lefties (see Montero v Sanchez x2)…..and beyond that, Davis was OUT of the game after the 4th, and you had a DEEP ASS Bench full of guys in need of experience……you drive me nuts…..

SMACK OF THE STICK :
SANCHEZ
Shook Bengie off twice and then planted a slow ball on the inner half that was CRUSHED into the water by Montero…..way to make Sportscenter……

DODGERS
Who woulda thunk it….If the Rockies can win 2 and Dodgers lose 1, the Division title will come down to the final series in LA….well of course if it DOES come down the that the Dodgers should be able to handle the Rockies, but there is a small chance that the season ending series could take on a whole new flavor……

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Despite the disappointing ending to the year, I must say something very strange happened to me recently…..I think I have started to get over 2002…2003…..(no, 2004 was a long shot, so that doesn't hurt nearly as much…BTW fuck you Dodger fans for over estimating yourselves)……I spent the offseasons after 2002 and 2003 in a strange depression, thinking if they could have won it all, my life would be so much better…..I buried myself in work and withdrew from all things not related to Baseball or Work…..but following Cain's arrival and the drafting of Lincecum things started to feel better….and now the arrival of Pablo and the performances from various members of the Major and Minor league clubs, I feel I don't have to bury myself in baseball nearly as much….I would still love the game with a passion, but I feel that passion and love is well placed and I feel…..fulfillment……yeah, goofy I know but the Giants have warmed my heart, made me optimistic about the future….yes, flawed team for sure, but there are pieces in place and a future to look forward to…..so, yes I look forward to the offseason and have more time for other pursuits…..and recharging my baseball batteries for 2010…….and I say this now….but of course 2 weeks after the season ends, I will be going through withdrawls…..when does free agent signing period begin???

SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG

(The fine print: There will be cussing and bad taste. This is written with the heat of the moment feel you may have during the game, with rational though sprinkled in now and then. This is entertainment folks, sure there is a lot of truth and I am a genius, but this is all about having a laugh and enjoying the ride…….now lets go heckle Jeff Kent in when he gets inducted to Cooperstown..)

No comments:

 
Site Meter