Monday, June 14, 2010

GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> O'S at GIANTS 06/14




GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> O'S at GIANTS 06/14

GAMEBALL

ANDRES

If I am dreaming…don't wake me…..cause only in dreams do players come from out of nowhere to become a major difference maker like Andres…..I mean come on……2 more hits, both key in the early meaningful runs……2 walks….now hitting .302 with a .401 OBP…..I mean, these are the type of numbers you pay a Veteran $12Million NOT to produce…..Yes, Krukow alluded to top 10 in Doubles….but would you believe #17 in the National League is OPS???? true enough, 2nd only to Huff on the team in OPS….and yes the S in OPS is Slugging……and that’s from your leadoff man…..and by the way, I this action figure is worth another rotation in the GB


TIP OF THE CAP :
BURRELL
OK, I didn't come out and predict it straight out…..but I have to say when everyone was talking pich hitter….well….I was thinking a little more optimistically…..I can remember Pat from his NL days, and although I hadn't really followed him much in the AL, I had a hard time believing he was cooked….and the early returns are in…..and I will say it now…..BA will be somewhere around .250….but expect 10-15 HR in a Giants uni with On Base somewhere north of .375……and that’s a godsend for hacky team like the Giants……

JSANCHEZ
held up his part of the bargain, pitching into the 8th while holding the Orioles offense in check……

AFFELDT
Brought it home and looked good for the first time in a while…..

PANDA
Double was key in the 5 run 2nd and got another walk….in his hole of the day…..

FSANCHEZ
Keeps on stroking with a big hit early and a pile on hit late……

WHITESIDE
3 Walks…..in the 8 hole…..too fucking funny……

PUMPKIN
Got some love as the guest of honor…..honestly, I thought he was just going to pick the chick with the skimpiest costume as the winner…..hey, wouldn't you?

JOKER

ORIOLES FANS

Man, now I don't follow the American League nearly as closely as the National League…..I mean, I know pretty much 90% of the players in the AL and have formed an opinion of each, but don't follow how the year is going as closely as I should…..I mean I knew it was a bad year for the O's and knew that Juan Samuel had taken over…..I guess what I didn't realize is HOW BAD this team's record was…..I mean 17-47?? good god that’s horrid…..and its not just this year, but ever since their last Playoff Appearance in 1997, they haven't even broken .500 let alone get need the promised land….and now after all those years of floundering, they are not only at the bottom of the barrel…they have HORRIBLE timing to fall to the very bottom….watching the NEARBY dead last back to back years Nationals LOAD UP on STRASBURG and HARPER……so here the O's fans are….. mired in a Division with Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and resurgent Jays…..looking an hour north at the two most hyped Draftees of all time……what have you got???? Nice Ballpark, sure……but hopefully there is something stronger than beer in that cup…….

SMACK OF THE STICK :
EARL WEAVER
Just cause poor Alice Sweet, if you haven't heard its worth a listen…..just make sure the kiddies are in bed…..


SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG

(The fine print: There will be cussing and bad taste. This is written with the heat of the moment feel you may have during the game, with rational thought sprinkled in now and then. This is entertainment folks, sure there is a lot of truth and I am a genius, but this is all about having a laugh and enjoying the ride…….now lets go heckle Jeff Kent in when he gets inducted to Cooperstown..)




by merkin

No comments:

 
Site Meter