Monday, May 25, 2009

GAMEBALL and JOKE 5/25 BRAVES at GIANTS

GAMEBALL and JOKE
5/25 BRAVES at GIANTS

GAMEBALL

ISHIKAWA

Finally, the guy who the Giants hung their first base hopes on this year came through with a 4 hit day including a 3 run BLAST above the bricks in triple's alley….a glimpse of that untapped power that had everyone waiting…… After a solid AA/AAA season, an impressive late season audition, and a spectacular spring, the Giants decided to stand pat at 1st and give Ishi a try….especially in light of the Sandoval 3rd base experiment…..with the Pablo experiment looking good so far (if his arm is ok) the everyone has gotten frustrated by Ishikawa's struggles…where has that line drive power bat gone????? I've said it before….the swing is there, but he is having a hell of a time making contact……I mean, I can't remember seeing so many swing throughs…..and not the slider off the plate, or the behind on the fastball swing through….I mean fastball down the pipe, swing right on time….make no contact swing though that can make a hitter look back and wonder if he has a hole in his bat…….seems like his pitch recognition is good enough……but something weird is going on here…..maybe he is pulling his head off, moving his head around…maybe even "blinking too much"……I don’t know…..all I know is he is good looking and slick with the glove around first…….
all he has to do is hi 260 with a 350 obp and 15 HR and teenage girls all around the Bay Area won't get enough of little Ishi T-Shirts, Ishi Bears, Ishi Pins, etc……..

TIP OF THE CAP :
FLANNERY
Often unnoticed until they screw up, 3rd base coach is a thankless job…..so its about time we showed some appreciation for the animated guitar man…..taking chances that paid off….2x in a pivotal inning

SANCHEZ
5 innings of 2 hit 1 walk baseball…..had it come apart after scoring from 1st on a double….but hey….I'll take this as a positive sign

MILLER/MEDDERS
From obscurity to …..well…..obscurity…..these two guys have been GOLD for the Giants….mixing pitches, keeping the Giants in games, bailing starting pitchers out from early exits…..gotta love it….and they cost very little, and help keep the Giants from turning some of their high value minor league arms into fast track bullpen help ALA Sanchez a couple years back…….

AFFELDT
Wicked…..if Wilson ever loses his job…..I know someone who can get the job done…..

ROWAND/ WINN
As Krukow would say……Stay hot….

RENTERIA
Welcome back and nice to see the stick warm up as well…..

JOKER

BIP

In post game, I quote
"That inning once again he start starts blinking out there, he was starting to get a little tired, he has just scored I believe, from second base on a uh uh uh long single, and I think he started to get tired, he went out there and labored a little bit I saw him starting to blink which means he's starting to think again, and then he started walking guys, gave up a triple, a couple walks, and a base hit, before you know it Bochy was out there talking to him 'Say hey you know what, come on in and sit down, you had a good day'"
What the FUCK was that???
BLINKING?????
Ok, to be fair lets put this into context. I guess they had a pregame segment (which thankfully I missed) about how Sanchez thinks too much, and when he thinks he starts thinking too much, he starts blinking too much…..
Now to illustrate this phenomenon…..they used STILL pictures of Sanchez….."here on the left he is focused, and on the right he is thinking……(looked like a slight squint to me at best)…..
Good god, are you serious????
And even if it's true…HOW THE HELL COULD YOU SEE THAT???? day game, eyes under the hat…..and it certainly wasn't on the TV feed……
Sorry folks, I don't believe that BIP saw a damn thing….if he was even slightly paying attention he might have noticed that Sanchez scored from 1st on a double…..not 2nd on a long single "he believes"……or maybe he was staring too deeply into Sanchez's eyes to notice……


SMACK OF THE STICK :
KNBR
Good god….I spent a couple hours on the road in post game as was "Treated" to SPORTSPHONE 680…….yes…its baseball so I will listen (part of the addiction) but good god these people are stupid…..now sure, I hear a couple good calls now and then, but at that point anything that resembles a rational thought sticks out like a sore thumb……do they screen out anyone with a high IQ????......I am so tempted to call, but I would probably realize just the fact I am on the radio I would lose like 75 IQ points…..
Hey at least it wasn't Damon Bruce, who is even more retarded than some of the callers…..

No comments:

 
Site Meter