Sunday, June 21, 2009

GAMEBALL and JOKE 06/20 RANGERS at GIANTS

Wow……cool game…….just got back and gonna do a quicky before I crash….

GAMEBALL and JOKE
06/20 RANGERS at GIANTS

GAMEBALL

NATE

BIG NATE on the pine for the second night in a row, took advantage of his opportunity by going the other way for a leadoff double…..and then an important 90 feet being aggressive with the take of 3rd on a medium speed grounder to Omar…..and of course scoring the winnings run…….


TIP OF THE CAP :
CAIN
That Texas lineup is filled with pop, but Cain equal to the task going 8 strong

RJ
Good job on 300, and thanks for the poster

PABLO
2 hits…a walk…..and then the Bonds treatment in the 11th

WILSON
With the help of some nice defense, pitched 2 clean innings……and it was not a save opp

MR R
Had to go by work for a little while in the late afternoon……I mentioned I was thinking of heading to the game, but it was late and I might not get there in time……well….RA was all…..DUDE…..you can totally make it….you got an extra……I said I didn’t have tickets yet, so I invited him……we both ran home to change and then I scored SWEET seats on CL (I am watching myself on Tivo behind the plate right now) ……Got a good night at the yard, a walk off win and a killer deal on seats……and without MR R, I would just been sitting on my couch yelling at my TV…..and of course my power went out so I would missed about 4 innings (at least my Tivo missed 4 innings)……to be continued in Smack of Stick…..


JOKER

FAN INTEFERENCE

What the FUCK was THAT..Nate goes the other way with a ball that lands on the line heading for the corner….with Murphy a good 15-20 feet from the line…….That ball looks like it woulda hit the flat part of the wall, which means the bounce would not have been friendly and Mr Inside the Park mighta had a chance at a lead off Triple……..
Hope they took him out back and maimed him……

SMACK OF THE STICK :
ROCKET
Mr Clemens had a video tribute and got good round of boos from the crown……Mr Clemens SCREW YOU and YOUR VIDEO MESSAGE……Never liked that fucker, from even back in 1990 when he went to the mound wearing eye black and got ejected from game 4 of the ALCS in the 2nd inning…..to the time he threw the broke bat at Piazza……this guy is the biggest red ass in the game…..and now, a pariah who has gone from arguably the greatest pitcher of all time to the biggest cheating pitcher of all time……Hey….yeah, I'm a Bonds fan and have come to terms with drugs and baseball……but I just love a chance to boo Mr Red Sox….no Yankee red ass himself….

BOCHY
OK…….two issues……Even if we grant you Aurilia playing over Ishi because of the Leftie….where was Ishi once the Righthanders started coming out of the pen…..but the big one…..we KNOW Rowand can bunt…..sure his bat has been on fire, but get Nate to 3rd with one out and infield and outfield have to play in….its the percentage play…..


MR R
OK…..back to the story…….so I am rushing to the game, figure gonna miss the ceremony…but whatever Cain is pitching, Omar is back…..gonna be fun…..call MR R…..apparently on his way home he hits traffic and ain't coming to the game……"DUDE, we got tickets 2nd row, you HAVE to come"……so he agrees and I hang up…….get to the park and get to my seats right at 6PM…..just in time for the ceremony.....call up Mr R to see where he is at……just got out of the shower…..SHOWER???? WHAT THE HECK???? It's a ball game, not the prom……so whatever……ceremony goes long, figure it gives him time to get to the park…….Mr R Calls…..What exit???. .....Embarcadero??... Yeah, 5th street, Embarcadero, whatever, just look for the signs pointing you to AT&T…….time goes by……and he's somewhere like O'Farrell and Powell……"DUDE…YOU GOT A NAVIGATOR……HOW THE HECK????"so I tell him to set the navigator for Townsend and 2nd, and to park on Townsend between 2nd and 3rd…….innings go by…….now its like the 7th, and will call is going to close…….so I sneak out of the game and grab the ticket from Will Call……I call Mr R…..Dude, Lot B is full….."LOT B!!! what are you doing over there?"….so I talk him back to the park and jump in his car…..we find a spot on the street and get back to the game……back to the seats….and I only missed 1 inning!??!?! Mr R got the 8th, and the 9th, and the extra frames + a walk off win……Next time, I make sure I drive him to the game……….GLAD YOU MADE IT MR R.,……but you get a smack for the 1 hour + driving aimlessly around San Francisco……

No comments:

 
Site Meter