Thursday, July 22, 2010

GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> GIANTS at DBACKS 07/22





GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> GIANTS at DBACKS 07/22

GAMEBALL

CAIN

Who needs offense when you throw a mound ace out there every night? Well, the Giants in the desert only managed a 3 spot but that was MORE than enough for Matt….going 8 solid allowing 3 hits and 3 walks….were they all to Upton??? seems like it……mixing a low to mid 90's heater with Changeups Sliders and Curves, throwing everything for strikes……Matt looks like he has caught a second wind with his second dominant start coming out of the break …and this time he mixed in 9 K's in 8 innings to help appease the Voros BABIP crowd…..so good work Matty and keep it rolling

TIP OF THE CAP :
TORRES
One of the big difference makers in 2010….and tonight he did it with the bat hitting turning around an offspeed pitch off Rodrigo Lopez over the Los Dbacks sign (Merkin refrains from injecting political commentary here) in Right Center….and then just a 1/2 innings later he stole extra bases from Chris Young…..

HUFF
After giving the Ump some entertaining body language in the first, Huff walked on 6 balls….and the proceeded to do pull a sneaky steal of 2nd…..and come around to score the first run of the game…….

POSEY
2 more hits for the newest Phenom for the Giants, including a 2 out single in the first to plate the Giants first run……yes, we have said a Right Handed Will Clark……but I will go one further…..give him some time, and a little bulk……and I am thinking Albert Pujols….without the juice, of course…Am I crazy? Perhaps, but it had to be said……

URIBE
2 hits including a double and run scored in the 7th…..

ROWAND
Singled in Uribe, and then swiped a base perhaps more entertaining than Huff's

JOKER

MLBPA

You have probably noticed that I have made some items on the Cafepress site mostly to promote the site, and provide items that would not normally be available to Giants Fans…..Sure I have pushed the envelope of what may be considered acceptable……Now I can tell you I have been my own best customer, buying items and giving them away to help promote the site, and really just cause I can……Now I can assure you I have not made a dime off the Giants or the Giants players……this site COSTS money and TIME to run and the promotion I have done for the site has also COST me money…..so when I get an email from Cafepress telling me that they have been contacted by the MLBPA about some of the items I had listed and they were being taken down……well, I understand they are completely within their rights……but I still think its bullshit …..of all the things to be concerned about, they are worried because I have sold 10 fucking shirts, and then taken whatever proceeds to buy more stuff to give away…..right now I have a bunch of buttons I just printed up, and I can tell you that I plan on giving them ALL away, and probably buying some more…..this is HURTING their bottom line? Fuck they probably paid that lawyer more for 20 minutes of work than any revenue I could have cost them…..all this while people stand outside of ballpark hawking counterfeit merchandise for profit to an audience larger than I could ever hope to sell to……not to mention all the shit on Ebay are obviously for profit…...its all fucking bullshit if you ask me……what's next, a lawsuit? ….. yeah, take my fucking house that is $100K underwater and all my money…..maybe then I could give up my season tickets and the money I spend on Giants shit all year long…Yes, you are completely within your rights, and you WIN…fucking jackasses

SMACK OF THE STICK :
PABLO
You have heard that baseball is a game of adjustment, and you can see it in action if you just watch a few at bats from Pablo a night…….the high fastball was the weakness……and he finally started to lay off the pitches that were too high to hit, and punishing the ones he could get to……so what happened……a steady diet of curveballs …..with a good number of them in the dirt……now it looks like he started taking more curves and forcing pitchers to throw them for strikes……so what does he see…..Curveballs in the dirt…..Curveballs in the zone…..Fastballs high……he is doing the best he can to adjust, but he's having a hard time trying to lay off the Curveball down and Fastball up…..At this point I don't think he is going to see anything hard for a strike….so sit back, and think Curve and go the other way…..let it get it deep on you so you can see where its going…….and don't even think Fastball until 2 strike protect mode……easier said than done……



SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG

(The fine print: There will be cussing and bad taste. This is written with the heat of the moment feel you may have during the game, with rational thought sprinkled in now and then. This is entertainment folks, sure there is a lot of truth and I am a genius, but this is all about having a laugh and enjoying the ride…….now lets go heckle Jeff Kent in when he gets inducted to Cooperstown..)




by merkin

No comments:

 
Site Meter