Tuesday, July 27, 2010

GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> MARLINS at GIANTS 07/26



GAMEBALL and JOKER ==> MARLINS at GIANTS 07/26

GAMEBALL

ROWAND

What can you say, in a reserve role Rowand WAS the offense tonight coming up with a fan aided clutch 2 run fence scraper to get the Giants back in the game in the 7th, and then hit a line shot single to center after working a 2-2 count to lead off the 9th…..the biggest red ass on the team seems to have accepted his role off the bench and looks to contribute when called upon…..and he actually DID contribute going 2 for 2 in that "sub role" which was an improvement on his 2 for 12 off the bench so far this year…..and with Torres more or less firmly entrenched in the starting lineup, I am OK with Rowand getting the gameball tonight…..especially when it means I can use this one more time……


TIP OF THE CAP :
FSANCHEZ
Collected 2 hits, including a single in the 9th to set up the would be tying run at 3rd with 2 down…..

TORRES
Wasn't the best game …after a single to lead off the first got caught leaning for the Caught Stealing (rules need to be changed that make that a pickoff if you ask me) …but threw in a walk and did his best to tie the game in the 9th (damn you Gaby Sanchez)….throw in a nice play in triples alley to rob extra bases from Cody Ross and I will put him on the positive side of the ledger……

URIBE
The Box Score says he had 2 hits…..I musta been making a snack

POSEY
Only 1 hit….overrated…….

BURRELL
Worked the walk ahead of Row Row's homer, and on a full count with Uribe on 1st in the 8th with two out and down by two… swung so hard, I think I felt the breeze 50 miles away……I approve…..full count, belt high change on 3-2….guessed fastball and missed……wasn't gonna shorten up with the team in need of a tater…….

JOKER

RENTERIA

Renteria was the man at the plate to end both of the Giants late inning rallies….both times with the tying run in scoring position…..and both times….a whiff to end the innings……score 3-2 with runners on 1st and 2nd in the 7th…..and score 4-3 with runner on 3rd in the 9th……something about this guy bugs me…something about him reminds me of Livan Hernandez…he quiet emotionless demeanor just seems to come off as lethargy and just not caring..…….even in big parts of the game you hardly see emotion from him…..the only time I recall seeing a reaction for Edgar is when the benches clear and he is ready to throw down…..or when they play that Marlins walk off World Series hit from many moons ago…..HEY I got it……those damn 97 Marlins that bumped us from the damn playoffs…Livan was MVP of that series…man I think my subconscious hates Edgar……

SMACK OF THE STICK :
MOTA
Gave up the run that was the difference in the game on two belt high fastballs to Ross and Stanton…..

CANTU
Ouch…..hit iron glove was on display as he clanked a foul pop off the mitt……I don’t remember who hit it, I ain't going back on Tivo, and I didn't take notes…..

ISHIKAWA
overmatched by Nolasco and pulled for a pinch hitter when a LOOGY was brought in…..and sorry Krukow…..the term was not invented by the Giants beat writers……its been around years, and first used by Baseball Prospectus…..and I won't bother looking that up to verify…..I will let Marco correct me if I am wrong….seriously, saves me work…..

FACE PAINT CHICK
Oh boy……so yesterday I broke down how chicks don't dig body paint….well times are a changing and women these days can do all kinds of things……paint their faces…vote….drive cars…..all kinds of stuff……and Sorry $9, she didn't she didn't sport the topless upper torso paint like our friend from yesterday's GB and JK…and for that….she gets a smack…..








SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG

(The fine print: There will be cussing and bad taste. This is written with the heat of the moment feel you may have during the game, with rational thought sprinkled in now and then. This is entertainment folks, sure there is a lot of truth and I am a genius, but this is all about having a laugh and enjoying the ride…….now lets go heckle Jeff Kent in when he gets inducted to Cooperstown..)




by merkin

No comments:

 
Site Meter