Saturday, July 25, 2009

GAMEBALL and JOKER 07/25 GIANTS at ROCKIES

Pathetic…. perhaps the best word to describe the Giants offense today….down by 3 early, you could almost hear the Giants fans everywhere losing interest in the game and planning the rest of their Saturday Night….. without any single bat in the lineup even remotely warm, it might as well have been 30 to Nothing, as the Giants were hard pressed to score even 2 runs ….in fact the only time the Giants have scored more than three on this trip was the 3 Doubles in an inning versus the Pirates…..and the bumbling throw the ball everywhere game versus the Braves……this is a team with 2 great starters, and great young hitter showing his age, a sparkling leftie reliever…and a hodge podge of Vets past their prime, and inconsistent talented youth……the Giants will hang around this race, but right now then need either A LOT of help with the offense or A LOT of luck…..I know the first one ain't happening, maybe we will get lucky…..and speaking of lucky, the Giants still have a chance to end this series on an up note and tied for the Wild Card…….if I am Ryan Sadowski, I am paying for Rueter's plane ticket and hotel stay…..he needs that horseshoe back if he stands a chance tomorrow……

GAMEBALL and JOKER 07/25 GIANTS at ROCKIES

GAMEBALL

MILLER

Ick…..on a day without heroes lets take a moment to give some love to Miller. In the role of 1st line mop up, Miller has done one hellova job for the Giants placing 5th in Win Probability Added, and 4th (ahead of Medders) in Win Expectancy independent of situation……So what the fuck did I just say???? Well, basically the most Valuable pitchers on the Giants staff have been Lincecum, Cain, and Affeldt…..with Medders in 4th and Miller in 5th….However, this is mostly due to how Medders and Miller have been used…..Medders has been used in more pressure situations that Miller which non-stat heads can see with their eyeballs and stat heads can see by calculating their Average Leverage indexes which are 1.058 for Medders and 0.609 for Miller. So why are we talking about Miller???? Well Miller did a good job of limiting the damage today, and his performance this year is worthy of acknowledgement…..and if you feel like geeking out you can read Baseball Ref on WPA and here Fangraphs on WPA and RE24 and of course The Bookor you could just smile and nod and let me get back to graphing my daily commute Gas Mileage and seeing if it correlates to what kind of food I eat at Breakfast and Lunch…….

TIP OF THE CAP :
SANDOVAL
Well… he can't do it all by himself……and despite 2 doubles and an RBI….Sandoval was little threat being surrounded by a 2 for 16 in the 1 and 2 and 4 and 5 slots…….and did a good job at 1st……

DOUG EDDINGS
The weirdest umpire out there…..first off all, its like he thinks he is trying out for the team as he throws BB's to the pitcher as if to show off his arm……and this isn't the only time this guy forgets he is an umpire…..When Rags goes the visit the mound in the third….Eddings just doesn't break up the meeting, he actually stays after the meeting is breaking up and has a few words with Sanchez and then pats him on the belly as if to say….GO GET EM KID…….and then in the 6th, when he breaks up another meeting, he puts his arm around Bengie as if he wants to snuggle…..man, this guy is one weird son of a bitch …and in case you forgot….Eddings was the Ump that made the AJ Pierzinski 3rd strike in the dirt call versus the Angels in the playoffs not the first time he put himself in the spotlight and certainly not the last…….this guy is a piece of work…..so next time you hear about a weird play involving the ump, see if its Eddings……

JOKER

SANCHEZ

When I was young I met this beautiful girl visiting from the Netherlands. raven black hair, steel blue eyes, fair smooth skin….enough to make a young boy ache with desire……As I tried to woo her, I did everything my young mind could think of to impress her….. embarrassing myself for her amusement…. making her feel beautiful and desirable, whatever I could do to charm this beauty……but alas, "at the end of the day" my purpose was nothing but entertainment and her own fragile ego………her face is etched upon my memory….I still often think of this beauty named Jonathan Sanchez…..oh yes….she would throw me a bone now and then, a peck on the cheek, and nice warm somewhat naughty snuggle, a no hitter, but I never got what I really wanted….and that was a reliable shut down left handed starter that I could see in my minds eye…..years later as my life progressed, I realized how foolish I was to be led on so easily by such beauty…..but then again, perhaps that part of the human condition, wanting to see what we want to see……

SMACK OF THE STICK :
DOWNS
I am trying to chill out on this kid, as I can't make him the Joker everynight…..but that’s the sad part….I really COULD make him the Joker everynight…..I really can't remember a Giants hitter that made me literally start spewing profanity every time they come to the plate…..I mean I know he is on the roster and in the lineup, but the shock of seeing him come to the plate 3-4 times a game just sets me off….if you sat next to me today, you were treated to such gems as…..
"Fuck, its like having two pitchers in the lineup"
"Goddamn it, he is making Burriss look good"
"What the fuck, does he have a hit this MONTH????"

BOCHY
You really have to TRY to make lineups as bad as we have had this year…..here are some more stats to chew on…….
Besides the pitchers spot…..
Worst OBP? #2 spot with .297 then #4 spot with .302
Best SLG? #7 spot with .477
Best OPS? #7 spot with .808
Worst OPS? #2 spot with .625 then #6 with .651 then #5 with .650
Literally, you could get a better lineup by putting Pablo at the #3 spot and then choosing the rest at random…….in fact…. I will try that now……
excel random number generator to determine batting order and playing time
Renteria SS
Ishikawa 1B
Sandoval 3B
Uribe 2B
Schierholtz RF
Lewis LF
Torres CF
Whiteside C
Pitcher
OK guys, go get em!

SHARE VIA FACEBOOK

SHARE VIA TWITTER

GB and JK ARCHIVES AT THE GIANTS BOARD BLOG

No comments:

 
Site Meter