Thursday, April 09, 2009

2006 Sausage Review #15 Hebrew National San Francisco Dog

Name: Hebrew National San Francisco Dog
Price: $6.25
Location: Hebrew National behind 112, at the top of Escalator
Condiments: Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, White Onions, Pickle, Thousand Island Sauce
Cooked: Grilled
Size: Med/ Large
Detail:
Back to the Hebrew National Stand for God's Sausage
So I ordered the San Francisco Dog (no, not made from Tofu and Pot).....
and the guy asked me what I wanted on it.
"Whatever comes on it" I replied without reading the sign
"um......OK...." the man replied trying to control his giggling....
Uh oh, what did I get my stomach in to????
Well I got the large piece of bread with a pile of Sauerkraut on it, which made it impossible to eat by conventional means.
So I start picking off the sauerkraut (don't worry I was eating it) to see what lay beneath...
And much to my dismay I discover the LAST thing a human should have on a sausage... THOUSAND ISLAND????
Excuse me waiter???? Why don't you just put Croutons and some Green Olives on it
So the condiments were a nightmare.... Just a mish mash of whatever some idiot thought sounded good......
This is the same Dog was salty from being marinated in black grease in the grill
Was on a twist roll that was soft with a hint of crunch.
Dog had a good texture which is normal for the hebrew national.
Now Hebrew National is my favorite store bought Hot Dog, but in the park with the greasy grill and weird toppings....
This quality sausage gets ruined....
Onions were soggy white onions
Swiss Cheese was grated and sparse.
Pickles were standard dill spears.

Minus Points for condiments, and the grease factor

Overall Rating: 1 1/2 out of 5 Blocked Arteries




No comments:

 
Site Meter