Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GAMEBALL and JOKE 4/21 PADRES AT GIANTS

GAMEBALL and JOKE
4/21 PADRES AT GIANTS


GAMEBALL

CAIN

Fuck the haters…….Cain is a HORSE with BIG RIGHT ARM……shrugging off the bad luck of the past and the adversity of the present, Cain put up ANOTHER strong outing to move to 2-0…….Cain stepped up when things looked like they could fall apart…..first after the "non-error" by Ishikawa….and then again on what SHOULD have been a DP at the plate…….


TIP OF THE CAP :
RENTERIA
Overpaid, underperform…….certainly not a fan favorite…..but if the guy has done one thing in the Majors…he has hit…..and that’s what he did tonight…..with 3 hits including a game breaking SLAM off Peavy that left no doubt about this game………He may not have Vizquel's range, sure hands, or charisma…..but he just might provide something this team needs more than Olsen Twins need a Krispy Kreme….and that my friends is offense……..

ISHI
Looks to be coming alive with the bat, and just in time cause there is no shortage of AAAA players waiting to hit .220 in his place…….

SCHIERHOLTZ/ TORRES
I saw em play….no seriously……they were out there I swear…….


JOKER

HOT DOG BABY

OK, what the hell goes through your mind in pregame………
Well we need to make sure the baby is warm…..but that jacket just doesn’t look edible enough…..HEY….. I bet the costume we used for the Dog Days of August Parade will fit on the baby……..so after using a lint brush to clean off the dog hair…..you put the fruit of your loins in the Hot Dog Suit………. Good God, what if Pablo gets hungry????? I really don't want to read those headlines……

But THAT’S not embarrassment enough……you sit front row and start mugging for the camera…….HEY…..this kid can get me on TV!!!...totally worth the years of Therapist bills sure to come……..
"Hey Doc….I have this irrational fear of Sauerkraut and Relish…..and I keep having dreams of some guy in a blue helmet named Merkin saying he wanted to make me Sausage Review #21….."


SMACK OF THE STICK :
ISHI
One hand pats on the back, the other smacks with the stick…….
Missed Joker by a hair…….but the bat was stroking and I can't beat on the kid too hard after a good win…….
Ishi known for the leather, Ishikawa got the assist on the Padres first run with an Ole' play on a shorthop……I could here the Snow Pack screaming in my head…..JT WOULDA HAD THAT……



General Gripe…….
Play at the plate…..catchers always do this…..the receive the ball in front of the plate and turn and sweep………
Sure if the runner is bearing down on you, I can see not standing in the path…….but when Molina took the throw he CAME TO MEET THE BALL a good 2 feet towards 1st base, which made his miss the tag.
Was a perfect chest high throw, that would have been money is he just laid back and blocked the plate……….
Sure its Bang Bang….and maybe I am just too critical….but I swear I have seen many catchers do the exact same thing….and not being a professional catcher myself, I assume that’s just the way they are taught……..

No comments:

 
Site Meter