Thursday, April 09, 2009

2006 Sausage Review #5 Old World Italian Sausage

Name: Old World Italian Sausage
Price: $5.75
Location: Taste of North Beach behind section 125
Condiments: Peppers and Onions
Cooked: Grilled
Size: Small
Detail:
I could tell this wasn't going to be good for two reasons.
1) The thing looked so pitiful
2) NO LINE
BUT... I have committed to eat all 24, and I don't take that commitment lightly.....so I figured.. best get it out of the way....
In retrospect..... I wish I only was committed to 23 sausages.

This sausage flat out sucked.... it WAS WORSE than it looks.
The bun was sourdough and was dry tough and chewy..... and the size was totally mismatched to the sausage. And if that wasn't enough, it fell apart on the first bite.
The Sausage skin was very tough, and when it finally popped, a stream of grease spewed in front of me about 3 feet. Strong fennel seed flavor was not bad, and you could feel the seeds between your teeth. Just a little hot spicy, like a little red pepper.
The whole time I'm thinking... "DO ANYONE ACTUALLY THINK THIS IS GOOD?"
Horrible horrible sausage..... Probably the worst in the park ( I Hope)
DON'T DO IT


(PS, I had the 40 clove sandwich a while back... HORRIBLE as well... I think the only thing at this stand worth trying is the beer and the Tiramisu looked good....)


Overall Rating: 1/2 out of 5 Blocked Arteries




No comments:

 
Site Meter