Thursday, April 30, 2009

2009 Food Review #3 GIGANTE TACO SALAD

2009 Food Review #3 GIGANTE TACO SALAD


Name: Gigante Taco Salad
Price: $7.75
Location: Joe Garcia, Field Club (also in Club Level)
Condiments: I did splash some Tapatio on this
Cooked: Varies…..think Meat was Grilled
Size: Large
Detail:
Had my eye on this one….saw a few people eating the other day and it looked pretty good…Had it planned all day…Light Breakfast…..Light Lunch…..Pig out for Dinner was the plan…….So straight from the gate to the food…. I lined up behind a Dodger fan....I eyed his binoculars and thought it odd he brought them for Field Club seats….and then it dawned on me…..I asked him if it was Liquor…he said "It was before it was dumped out at the gate"……his Giants fan friend then chimed it…."I was smart and just got a flask in my pocket"……Yeah, the LA fan deserved it for getting too fancy…………
But I digress…….So you have a choice of meats…..so I opted for Cow……you can choose toppings…. so I asked for the works……..I got a nice looking fat ass bowl of stuff and paid the cashier…….I grabbed a fork and napkins and dug into my bounty……..Lets see……Meat…..nice Mexican Spice to it…..small pieces and a little chewy…but not tough……Add the Guac, Beans, Sour Cream, Salsa, Cheese, a little Green Onion and we got a meal….wait a second….WHERE'S THE LETTUCE????.....I start mixing the thing, and I can only find a light sprinkling of lettuce at the bottom…..too hungry and lazy to get more lettuce…. I dig in…..Guac was good quality, without much spice……Beans….well….soft and firm….Salsa was mild…..Green Onion pieces were a bit large…but overall the components were pretty good…..but this dish was WAY OUT OF BALANCE……The meat and what little lettuce there was couldn’t support the Gooey Guac and Sour Cream…..it was like eating mouthfuls our Guac/ Sour Cream with a sprinkle of Meat and Lettuce…..I found myself breaking the walls of the bowl off and dipping like chips just to add some balance……Could have been SOOO much better if they just balanced it out…….I will likely go back and "COACH" the assembly of the salad……………
As far as the other stuff here…I would think the Taco and Burrito are worth a shot considering the pretty good quality of the components…Not really spicy at all, even with the hot sauce added….. now that I think about it….. some Jalapeno's could have taken this to another level…dammit the sign says they have them, but I guess I need to ask for them specifically,,,,..…..Overall not horrible, but lots of potential……Good size for the money at $7.75……heck….restaurants wouldn't be much cheaper ….especially in the City……




OVERALL RATING
3 sombreros
Probably generous score considering the experience……
This has potential to be 3 1/2 or 4….with more Lettuce and some Jalapenos



No comments:

 
Site Meter